PUC India is designing, funding, and constructing a 31' x 26' Multipurpose Community Center for the village of Siripudi. The structure is designed to serve three main purposes: natural disaster relief, administering medical care, and providing a venue for education.
Siripudi, Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh
Establish a permanent Multipurpose Community Center in the village of Siripudi, India.
31' x 26' Structure · Elevated Foundation · Electrical Wiring
Provide shelter during inclement weather; a place to administer medical treatment; a foundation for an educational system; a venue for community events.
- Siripudi lacks any permanent infrastructure - the village is composed solely of thatched huts.
- The Indian government often sends doctors to villages like Siripudi - there is currently no place to safely administer care.
- During the annual monsoon season, the villagers are forced to travel over 50 kilometers to a safe haven to escape flooding.
- Schooling has recently begun at night for young children - sessions are held in residential huts without sufficient lighting.
Project Status & Timeline
Our designs are constantly undergoing reviews and revisions to create the most suitable and cost-efficient structure for the community. We are currently finalizing designs and securing a contractor for construction beginning in late Spring 2021.
- November 2020 Complete fundraising and finalize designs / add-ons.
- December 2020 Secure contractor and complete construction schedule.
- February 2021 Set all logistics in stone and accomodations/travel itinerary.
- March 2021 Obtain formal governmental approval and begin construction preparation.
- May 2021 Begin construction and arrive in India to assist in implementation!